Check out some of the workboxes I use in the classroom:
This a favorite for my kiddos and really works on fine motor skills as well at color sorting, matching and "put in".
- separate the canister (this is a large swiss miss canister!) into 4 sections by taping cardboard pieces
- draw a large plus sign on top to create four sections
- Laminator colored paper to match popsicle sticks and velcro on ( this way you can do 1, 2, 3, OR 4 colors at one time).
- cover outside of container for less distractions
This is an easy to make sorting activity. I got the poker chips at a dollar store. This box works on sorting, colors, put in, and fine motor!
- cover a shoe box for less distractions
- divide the box into 3 sections using cardboard
- cut 3 slits in the cover using an exacto knife. Tape the box and slits for a smoother fit.
- velcro poker pieces onto top... once again this way you can mix it up- use 1,2, or 3 colors!