I couldn't find a great product for a great price so I started researching how to make my own. My Nana ( master seamstress) and I combined a couple of different types to make our own product. Here's what we came up with!
- Grab 2 equal size pieces of a fabric of your choice. I chose fleece fabric, because of it's soft sensory qualities, in a fun non gender specific print :)
- A mixture of navy beans and pinto beans. I used two bags of each per lap blanket. ( I made two for my classroom)
- Sew 3 long rows into the blanket
- Fill the bottom level and sew off, creating a grid ( see pics above)
- fill next level and sew off and so on...!